CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
IN YOUR POCKET: Partners In CrimeDEADLINE: February 27, 2017
The immediacy and intimacy offered by smart phone technology is an intriguing way to explore how we record ourselves and each other.
Presented during the 2017 Inside Out Toronto LGBT Film Festival, IN YOUR POCKET is a curated video program inviting artists to explore these recording technologies in their own personal ways.
For the 6th edition of IN YOUR POCKET: Partners in Crime, the RT Collective will team up with two guest curators; collaborative duo Sabine Lebel and Alison Taylor.
Artists are invited to submit proposals for new works created with one or more collaborative partners and/or addressing the theme Partners In Crime. The nature of the collaboration is up to the artists, however we are particularly interested in new collaborations or artists working with existing collaborators in new ways.
The program operates on a "micro-commissioning" model. We do not program existing works. Instead, we invite artists to submit proposals for new works they would like to create and then support that process of creation.
Selected projects will receive a combined budget/screening fee of $200 and be screened in partnership with 2017 Inside Out Toronto LGBT Film Festival.
- We accept proposals for new works which are conceived and created specifically for this program. Please do not submit works you have already created for consideration.
- Collaborative teams must have at least one artist must based in Canada.
- Works must be recorded on a smart phone, iPad, or webcam (editing can happen on a computer)
- Completed works should be 4 minutes or less
- Works should be created through a collaboration between two or more artists and address LGBTTIQQ2S themes and/or perspectives.
- Proposals must be submitted via email using the attached form.
- Proposals submitted without the form or with incomplete information will be deemed ineligible.
- Proposals must include a link to one previously created video work. The jury will watch a maximum of 4 minutes.
- First time video makers are welcome. In the event you have never made a video, include a link to some other artistic project you have previously created.
- Proposals received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Selected artists will be notified in March 2017.
- Completed proposals must be received by February 27, 2017
Email questions and submission to: info [at] rtcollective [dot] ca